Please find our application on zapplication in March 2017. I link will be found here.
We Invite You
We invite you to apply for the 47th Annual Madison Chautauqua
Festival of Art & Craft
on September 30 & October 1, 2017
WHO MAY APPLY
Eligible categories include: painting (2D artists may sell prints but must include originals, as well), drawing, photography, sculpture, weaving, folk art, jewelry, fiber, wood, baskets, clay, glass, paper and leather. The number of artists in each category is limited to protect the integrity of the show. (Individual consideration of a media not listed may be given upon request.)
Only work of the quality and type illustrated in submitted digital prints may be exhibited. All work must be handmade and individually designed by the artist. Multiples of the same general design must be signed by the artist. Nudes in product is prohibited. Items made from kitwork or patterns and items manufactured or mass-produced are not allowed. The Chautauqua committee reserves the right to remove unsuitable works at the time of the festival.
Applicants are juried immediately following the Zapplication deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be juried.
Jury fee $25. Balance due upon acceptance. 10 ft. x 15 ft. standard space $275.00. Corner additional $50.00
(Limited, 10' x 20' $350.00).
Booth spaces are for artists and craftsmen exhibiting their own work. (Artists making same item with partner may share a booth.)
Each artist is responsible for paying Indiana State Sales Tax to the Indiana Department of Revenue. Log onto www.in.gov/taxes.htm. Indiana Tax ID# required upon acceptance.
BOOTH DISPLAY SPACE
All exhibit spaces are approximately 10 ft. x 15 ft. wide (unless otherwise specified), in an outdoor setting. Artists and craftsmen must furnish their own tent and any other booth set-up needed (including manpower needed for setup/teardown). Exhibitors are required to clean up their area before leaving. No stakes may be driven into the pavement. Shims may be needed.
Exhibitors display at their own risk. The Madison Chautauqua Festival of Art, the City of Madison, VisitMadison, Inc nor the Chautauqua Committee are responsible for damage, theft, loss or injury. Each exhibitor must provide his/her own insurance.
Booth check-in and set-up may begin at 3 p.m. on Friday, September 29, 2017 (unless otherwise specified). Vehicles will have to be out of the show area by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 30. Limited security will be provided overnight and streets will be closed to traffic at that time. Booth break down can take place after 5:20 p.m. on Sun., October 1, 2017.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE!
- Artisans, not a representative, must exhibit and be present with their work during the complete show from 10am through 5pm on both the 29th of September and 1st of October
- No electricity is supplied, pease do not ask. NO GENERATORS. Battery operated lights only.
- No single day entries will be accepted
- If for any reason the artist cannot attend the show after being accepted, the artist must notify the Madison Chautauqua in writing or by phone before the show opens if artist wishes to be invited back.
- There is no rain site or date. The show will open, rain or shine. (Bring sufficient protections.)
- Artists must cover displays and products overnight.
- Madison Chautauqua is publicized and advertised with television, national magazines, brochures, posters, radio and regional newspapers.
- On-site jury during the event by panel and photographers is required for re-entry. If we may use photo/video of your product in promoting the show, check box on application.
For further information contact:
For accommodations and other tourism information, contact:
812-265-2956 / 800-559-2956